Symposium Series #1 : Rebuilding Caribbean Resilience with Offsite Wood Technologies
Inspirational examples from Canadian wood structure design leaders as a preview of what is possible with wood.
Architects and engineers can gain new CEU content with a technical “how–to” seminar on wood durability in tropical regions.
Three learning tracks will then dig deeper into specific themes (see below).
All roundtables will be recorded and accessible for those who cannot make all three, but they will run in sequence and separately to allow for live questions and interaction for the audience.
In the afternoon, there will be a networking mixer, short film screening, and intake of requests for B2B meetings, trade missions, and follow-ups.
This is a free event!
All formal registration including event management and administration for CEU course credit will be through American Training Seminars.
Click on the orange box at the right side of the page to access the ATS registration page.
A validation email with links to attend will be sent to all completed registrants.
Expert Presenters and Moderators
- Donald Chong, Design Principal at HDR Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Yanel de Angel, Principal at Perkins & Will Boston. Leader in the formation of ResilienSee–PR.
- Mohammad Mohammad, Senior Research Advisor for Natural Resources Canada
- Jean-Luc Sandoz, Ph.D., Founder of Concept Bois Technologie and affiliated companies.
- Pape Niokhor Diouf, Ph.D., Scientific Director, SEREX lab: Wood chemistry & bioproducts.
- Arnold Ponçon, CEO: Agroforestale, co–founder: Simplemente Madera, & chair: NicaFrance Foundation
- Eli Gould, QWEB architectural liaison in the US and Caribbean, presenting CEU content developed in partnership with Canadian researchers
Three Roundtable Focus Sessions
Wood on a Mission: Combining carbon benefits housing and humanitarian response
Hear from regional leaders in this roundtable with a case study on affordable housing models being prefabricated locally with northern technical support.
Timber Tech in the Tropics: A closer look at wood technologies with transformative impact
See how the work of Canadian and international wood science is bringing new solutions focused on termites, hurricanes, seismic, and cost optimization.
Offsite Wood in Design: Destination travel remote work and new shapes of communities
Hear from designers and owners who are already planning how offsite wood systems will be delivering new communities and
Register to the Symposium
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Who the Seminar is For?
Developers NGOs and Housing
General Contractors and Construction Managers
Owners and Managers of Destination Travel Properties
Insurance and Lending Professionals in the Region